Hello,    I live with chronic pain...I have Spondylolysis of the spine plus a herninated disk in c7 c6 in my neck...plus frozen shoulder. I have been suffering from the spondylolsis for years. Then from a fall the others. It has been almost two years sense the fall.  This is hell...I was on vicodin for years for my back. Low doses because pain meds make me sick. For the last year and a half I have been on Oxycodone ...at first it was 10 mg every 4 hours. Which took away the pain but had to take with nausesa meds. Then down to 5 mg 3 times a day. Does not work take a lot of tylenol to help. I may get small relief for about two hours.  My life is not good. I can hardly do anything. The Doctor today changed the Meds to MS Contin 15 XR 2 TIMES A DAY With Oxycodone for breakthrough pain. Do you think this will help. And do you think the MS Contin will cause much nausea ?

MS Contin is highly addictive! I too as perscribed for chronic pain and suffered some massive withdrawls.

Becareful using them,anmd don't break them in half they are a time release med.

It did not work for my pain at all..

My dr. switched me from hydros. to ms contin about 3 yrs ago. The main difference I felt was the depression and feeling of needing more. Both went away and the pain relief was better with the ms contin. I went off the hydros even for the breakthrough pain. I just live with it. Compared to the pain I suffer without the pain killers the breakthrough pain is tolerable.