My girlfriend has been on opiate painkillers for about 8 years due to serious cronic health problems. She takes oxycodone 30s. She takes them more than perscribed, for the most part addicted heavily. When she has access to the bottle she can't control herself. Recently she has told me she doesnt want to take any opiate anymore, no matter the pain (scale 1-10....9 usually). Although I AM SO PROUD OF HER, I can't but worry she will have hospitalizing withdrawls.... We have gotten MS cottin(Morphine sulphate30mg)-breaking them into quarters. Also have xanax 2mg bars(usually break them in half). Morphine does not bring out the "demon" of her addiction, oxycodone does!!!!!!!! More than any of you will ever know!!!! Morphine does make the withdrawls bearable but does not get her "high". She also would like to take 1mg of xanax to help with the anxiety will taking the morphine to get the percs out of her system....I know they are all addictive but all addicts know there is "the one" that they get off on and feel good! Is it safe enough that she can take bolth of those meds without ODing?????? For the record anyone who are on these meds need a support system to monitor their drug intake!!!!!!!!!

There is a serious issue mixing Morphine and Xanax - especially if they are administered IV. Orally - the issue is still there. The major concern is sudden vasodialtion, which results in sever hypotension (a drop in the B/P), nervous system depression and respiratory depression (she could stop breathing). Both are very addictive, and combined can have very serious effects that can easily lead to death.

Never combine medication unless under the advice of your physician.

You SHOULD NOT be breaking up the MSContin, as it is a timed released medication. When broken, the morphine release too quickly. This is dangerous.

Can't help with the Xanax question, but I do take 5mg of valium once a day to control muscle spasms.

me contin comes in time released and instant release I know I'm a cancer paitent that has to tAke

Hi Grendal,

If you mix oral morphine and oral xanx togther then the chances of  drug interaction occur. Then it may be seviour complication.

What if you are snorting ms cotin 30 and Xanax 1g and 15 Rockies

If you mix oral morphine and oral zanax together how far apart should they be taken

Swim uses sporadically 200 mg of morphine with 4mg (2xanax bars) at the same time. I haven't encountered any side effects. Just had a general medical check up and the results reflected that I'm in great shape. Granted I disclosed my opiate use to physician in order to examine any abnormalities given the high dosage of medication that I take.

I have been righteously prescribed 60mg of Ms Continue 3xday and 2mg of alprazolam 4xday for over 15 years with no negative side effects. Now because my Physician retired I can not get a pain management doctor to write any pain meds unless I stop taking zanax completely.I AM SO VERY UPSET AND DON'T BEGIN TO KNOW WHERE TO TURN.MY PHYSICATRIST IS WILLING TO CONTINUE WRITING MY CURRENT DOSE OF ZANAX THOUGH.ANY ONE HAVE ANY SIMILAR EXPERIENCE HERE IN FLORIDA

LOOKING FOR A PAIN MANAGEMENT DOCTOR IN LAKE COUNTY FLORIDA ANYONE KNOW ANY PLEASE LMK AS I HAVE ONLY 2 WEEKS OF PAIN MEDICATION AND THAT'S LESS THAN HALF OF WHAT I HAVE BEEN TAKING FOR 15 YEARS.THE PAIN IS ALREADY UNBEARABLE AND WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS ARE REALLY GETTING FIERCE.

I live in seminole county FL and have no problems getting my pain meds and xanax .25 but I have terminal cancer and on Hospice.

I have been taking them together for years with no problem. Now they tell me it could cause death. I don't understand unless they want me to take higher priced drugs. I don't get it.

Had your same problem . Dr. Said to my face he was just protecting himself . I had to choose insomnia or pain. Go Dr. Shopping.

How far apart Zanex should be taken after a Morphine 30mg tablet.

1/4 xanax with a 15 mg of morphine how far apart of taking