I am thinking about switching from MS Contin to Codeine. I mean, it seems that MS is not that effective anymore. Could I have developed tolerance to it? That would be the last thing I need right now. I have been using it as a pain reliever for my replaced hip. As if it is not enough that my entire bone has been replaced, there could be a chance I am becoming an addict.

If that is the case, I do not know if codeine will help you that much. I guess you should consult your doctor what to do next. AS for addiction, do not try to stop suddenly with the therapy. It will only lead to withdrawal symptoms that could be really bad. I suggest dosage decrease to amount that will not harm you. After a while, decrease the dosage again until you stop taking it entirely. Then think about other medication.

There are various doses of MS Contin so a question like yours is hard to answer. I think you should be talking to your doctor, maybe you're on a low dose of MS Contin
For me, on MS Contin I use either codeine for break through pain if I need it or if it's really not a good day a lower dose of MS Contin.

hey all im on 30 mg ms contin i find that the generic mallinicrt brand the maroon ones suck then one day i started getting 30 mg ms contin endo brand green color holy c**p one of those is like two or three of the other any way codine metabolizes into morphine in your liver so you would be kinda on the same drug i recomend hydromorphone 4mg for breakthrough pain in addition to your ms contin try another brand they are diffrent ask the doc about a breakthrough pain killer if your long acting med in ineffective. codine doesnt do it go for the dilaudid God made diludid and gave it to Jesus who gave it to my pharmacist thats how i feel about it. Especially with beineg on low class meds for a year ie apap for a broken L-4 Vert hydromorphone is the way to go and its cheap

Hi there, is there a generic term fro hydromorphone or is that the generic term? I'd like to ask my doctor about it and I want to make sure I get a cheap version. Thank you!

that is the generic name, diludid and possibly others are the brand name.