i have multiple sclerosis and my surgern says i need anterior cervical fusion i would like a know itf this going to be harmful to my health.

I too have ms and may need this surgery! Did you have your surgery? How are you doing? Any info would be helpful.

Quote:

had surgery. thurs 19 don't know if it is good idea as im speaking now

Dear patann,

You probably do not need surgery to the spine. Most spinal surgery does not work. The trouble is that no one has another ideas of what cause neurological problems and so the "old dogma of herniated discs" keeps going on.

Well, the underlying cause of multiple sclerosis is the same thing that causes most shoulder/cervical pain and neuropathy to the arm/hand. Same thing causes low back pain and neuropathy to the leg/foot.

When people have the disease bad enough, they have the syndrome of multiplesclerosis. It is a systemic disease, but shows up in the nerves deep in the shoulder and deep in the buttock and the motion of the arm at the shoulder and the leg at the buttock/hip, causes exacerbations there.

Do this. raise your arm latterally, progresively until it is straight out and then keep on raising it until it is straight up and firmly next to your ear. Hold it there! Then wait. Eventually you will get tingling/numbness in the fingers and that proves it is a shoulder problem and not a neck problem. I could go on and on, but I won't.

Drop me a line if you want at **** and title it rheumatism, because what you have is a part of that disease process that is not understood by modern docs.

Yours, L. Kristiansen,DO

**edited by moderator**emails not allowed**