I was hoping to find out something here. My friend has been suffering from multiple sclerosis for years. However, lately he has been complaining on some liver problems. Doctors suspect on autoimmune hepatitis. Are these two conditions linked one to another? I would really appreciate any kind of info. Bye, guys!

Hi to you too. It is an interesting question. Multiple sclerosis is a disease that affects nervous system. It is caused by the loss of myelin in the outer layers of nerve fibers. I am not sure that it usually affects liver. I would say that your friend has two associated conditions. If this is true, than your friend is really rare patient. You should consult an expert for this. I doubt someone else could answer you more about this. Bye!

Hey.
They try to manage MS with interferon beta. and one the serous side effects of interferon is liver damage.
another thing they found that interferon beta causes what they call unmasking of autoimmune hepatitis which causes the damage.