My big toe on my left foot has turned black and is extremely painful. It feels as if a needle is being inserted into the toe every few minutes or so. I have taken all number of pain killers, but nothing seems to ease the pain. I have recently undergone an angio plasti for clogged arteries, but this not solved the problem. Surgeons think that it may be flaking of the arteries causing the problem, but that does not clear up the pain.

You need to seek emergency care right away. Your big toe is dying or may already be dead.

Hello there lawrenw2,

Unfortunately you are probably losing your big toe and you should go to the emergency room as soon as possible. When part of the body becomes black that usually means that there is no more circulation in that body part and if there is no more circulating blood the body part is very likely dead. Otherwise this condition is known as necrosis and there are various reasons why something like this is happening.

In your case the cause of this pain and necrosis of your big toe is probably unsuccessful angioplasty procedure. I hope that the doctors will be able to save your big toe. Keep us posted about your condition and good luck with everything.

hows your toe? Reason I ask is cause my moms toe is turning black I know that's not normal holy im scared and worried
...

I HIT MY BIG TOE AND IT TURNED BLACK FROM THE BLOOD CLOTH. WILL IT GET BETTER AND HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR THE BLACK BLOOD TO GO AWAY. IM SCARED I AM DIABETIC