Hi, guys. My child had some problem with her throat that isn’t caused by the cold or any other infection. After few examinations, it was established that my kid had juv.papillomatosis. Doctor explained me what this was. However, I want to know if there is a cancer risk or not. I would really appreciate if someone could tell me this.

Hi, there. Juvenile papillomatosis is caused by human papilloma virus infection (HPV). It causes papillomas. They resemble to warts. After they are removed, they can be back after a while. That is why this condition is often referred to as recurrent juvenile papillomatosis. There are studies that are trying to give the answer to the question that you have asked. HPV infection can lead to laryngeal cancer. However, it isn’t necessary. You should consult for an advice your child’s doctor.