Hi, guys. My kid has a liver failure and he will be scheduled for a liver transplant. I know some things about the procedure, but I would also like to know what care a child needs after this procedure. Does anyone know to tell me this? I will appreciate all your replies considering this.

Hi, there. There is a special care after liver transplantation. Don’t worry. Doctors must provide you will all the necessary info. Your kid will be in the hospital for about 10 days. However, if necessary it can be longer. He will be examined and tested routinely. He will also take immunosuppressive drugs. These drugs are very important since they suppress immune system. Immune system is the one responsible for foreign tissue rejection. I hope this helps.

Hello. I absolutely agree with previous post. The job isn’t done when you finish the liver transplantation. The care only begins here. My nephew has liver transplant. I know that he was on a special regime after the procedure. Certain physical activities were forbidden for him. I even think he couldn’t eat all. He was also on immunosuppressive drugs. It is very important to follow doctor’s instructions, so the risks for new tissue rejection get to a minimum. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!