Hello, good people. My friend got some intestinal infection and she didn’t treat it properly. She was administrated to the hospital where she still is. I would like to know if there can be dehydration in food-born diseases. I would really appreciate this piece of info. Thanks for all who reply to my post.

Hello. Food born diseases are caused by several bacteria and viruses. Among them are: Campylobacter, Salmonella and Escherichia coli O157:H7.Among viruses, there are calcivirus and Norwalk-like virus. Some food borne diseases are caused by toxins that are produced by bacteria. If they are not treated properly, there can be complications. Among others, dehydration is one of them. It is good that your friend is under professional care. I hope she isn’t in serious condition. I hope she will recover soon. Bye!