Hello, folks. My friend has some kidney problems lately and his doctor starts to suspect on a kidney cancer. I must admit that I am little afraid and I would like to know if MNR is a good method for discovering this type of cancer. I would appreciate if you could tell me something more. Thanks.

Hello, there. Kidney cancer is very tough for discovering at an early stage. I would say that NMR (nuclear magnetic resonance) is the best way for discovering kidney cancer. It isn’t harmful. There isn’t any damaging ionizing radiation. It uses only magnetic field. It gives excellent images from three views. Of course, your friend can first try with ultrasound. This method is faster and can give some data for the beginning. Nuclear methods can also be useful. I hope that everything will be all right with your friend. Good luck!