Few days ago I visited my gynecologist for a regular check up. I knew I should have Pap smear done, and some other testing. That was nothing strange, since I always take care of my health. What surprised me was that my gynecologist told me I have HPV. I do not know much about it, so I would like to hear more.

HPV that you have is genital infection. It is caused by human papilloma virus, or HPV. Off course you might guess that is a sexually transmitted disease. When I say HPV, I mean of Human papilloma virus, which is the name of a group of viruses that includes many different strains or types. More than 30 types of these viruses are sexually transmitted. They can infect the genital area of men and women, what you had chance to experience. Areas that might be affected are the skin of the penis, vulva, cervix or rectum. Most people do not have any symptoms that is why you are so surprised. Good Thing is that this infection might be cleaned up on its own. Some of these viruses can cause abnormal Pap tests which your doctor had noticed.

I have just heard some good news on HPV. I read that there is going to be a vaccine available the first of next year to get rid of the virus. :D

Hello! This is very good news indeed. Can you give us more information about it?
I would love to read about it, as I have given a lot of money on laser surgery to get rid of warts but they came back again and I don’t trust these doctors because all of them just keep sending me to the private clinics where I need to pay extra cash. I am about to do another test ( which is also expensive ) to determine which of the viruses has caused mine condition to make sure it is not those two that are cancerous. Where did you read about this vaccine? Thank you in advance

The article is in the December issue of Cosmopolitan. Eva Longoria is on the cover. It is about 15 pages long. It was very helpful. It opened my eyes to a lot of things concerning health. It also said that if you eat leafy vegetables can help reduce the warts. I hope this helps. Have you tried going to a hollistic center?

Well, I do eat a lot of vegetables but I don’t think it helps. I haven’t been to any holistic center. I am not even aware of these holistic centers. I have only been to public gynecologists, and one said I need to remove them, another that I don’t need to but I wanted to get that over with. However, I didn’t know they can reoccur even after the laser surgery. And when I decide to remove them, I was sent to a private clinic. The feeling was awful while they were burning the warts or what ever they did to them. How do they treat patients at these holistic centers?