Hi, folks. My cousin has been recently diagnosed with ADHD. I wonder how their parents didn’t notice it before. I wonder if a parent can spot a condition like ADHD is in a child. What do you think about this? Would you agree with me? I hope someone will answer my post. Bye!

Hi, there. There are three major characteristics of ADHD. Those are: impulsiveness, inattention and hyperactivity. Each of these characteristics can be noticed. Kid usually has some problems in obeying tasks and finishing homework. He is often distracted and he cannot organize himself. However, many parents do not know what ADHD is. It takes time for parents to see that something is wrong. So, I guess that it isn’t easy for a parent to spot ADHD condition in a child. I hope this helps.

Hi. I also think that it isn’t easy to spot ADHD in a child. It is difficult for an inexperienced parent. Some of these symptoms appear before age of 7. There also has be a clear evidence of impairment in work, school or social functioning. These kids have some specialized schools in some areas. Your cousins should ask around for something like that. Many of these kids do not finish high school. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!