Help! My husband has had pain and bleeding during sex the last few times we have had sex. The most recent time there seemed to be quite a bit of blood and it was bright red. I thought at first that my period had started early, but there was no blood on a tampon I used that night when I checked in the morning. I am worried that he may be having sex with someone else and has caught an STD and has now passed it to me. I have not had any symptoms of anything yet. Could this be somehting other than an STD? He says he has no other symptoms (rash or sores, etc.) except for the pain and bleeding only during sex. Please reply.

Genital warts (HPV infection)

Genital warts, caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV), are one of the most common types of STDs. The signs and symptoms of genital warts include:

* Small, flesh-colored or gray swellings in your genital area
* Several warts close together that take on a cauliflower shape
* Itching or discomfort in your genital area
* Bleeding with intercourse

Often, however, genital warts cause no symptoms. Genital warts may be as small as 1 millimeter in diameter or may multiply into large clusters.

In women, genital warts can grow on the vulva, the walls of the vagina, the area between the external genitals and the anus, and the cervix. In men, they may occur on the tip or shaft of the penis, the scrotum or the anus. Genital warts can also develop in the mouth or throat of a person who has had oral sex with an infected person.

Are you sure he doesn't have this bleeding at any other time?

Bleeding and pain are very general symptoms and could indicate anything from Trauma to Prostate Cancer. He should be checked by a doctor soon.