Hello, folks. I washed my kid’s hands this morning and I noticed something. He had warts on the hands. He is three years old child. I would like to know what I should do and how I should manage it. Can anyone give me some good advice about this? I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Hi, there. Warts are caused by viruses. These viruses are known as HPV or human papilloma viruses. They have tendency to appear on small, warm and moisture places. Warts can grow for months or even a whole year before they become noticeable. Even if your kid has touched someone’s towel or another object that someone with wart used it, he could get it in that way. Warts are usually painless. In some cases, warts disappear by themselves and no treatment is required. Sometimes some medicine is recommended. Cryotherapy with liquid nitrogen is often used for treating warts. Laser treatments and surgery are also possible. Good luck!