What is skin mites and how do you know if you have it? Also how doses a doctor know you have it and not something else? Also how do you get treated for skin mites. Please let me know . Thank you

THIS CURED ME

I had mites on me for a couple weeks that I could not get rid of.

I got rid of them from my hair and face by using white vinegar. However, they kept coming back. Especially to my vagina and anus area. And the vinegar gave me yeast on my skin (made it a bit red, itchy, irritated) so i don't recommend vinegar! It is a yeast fermented product and contains yeast.

What finally worked for me to keep them from coming back, was I rubbed my skin with hydrogen peroxide (this got rid of the itchy redness from the vinegar), and then i dried off and applied baby powder whereever the mites were biting me, to keep my skin nice and dry. This kept the mites away. I used 15% water soluble tea tree oil on my vagina and anus, and hair. This also got rid of my dandruff on my head.

It only took a couple days of this, and i have no more problems with mites!

I really think that mites are attracted to people who have poor health/immune systems and yeast on their skin. That's why some people get mites and others go into the same rooms and dont get bit at all. I didnt have obvious yeast on my skin, my skin looks normal, but i dont think it's something we can see.

I do know that after cleaning the yeast from my skin with hydrogen peroxide, baby powder (yeast like a moist environment, and baby powder keeps the skin dry), and tea tree oil, i have had no more problems from mites, even though i do not walk around with those products on me, i still do not have problems because i killed off the yeast on my skin. They are attracted to yeast!

I know i have a poor immune system at the moment, so that's why i think i get yeast on my skin. I am improving my health though through healthy diet and exercise. In the meantime, i occasionally use hydrogen peroxide and tea tree oil to prevent yeast growing back on my skin, until my health is better and my immune system is back up.

So that's my theory - people with poor health, poor immune function, get yeast on their skin, and this attracts mites. If you clean your skin of the yeast using hydrogen peroxide, baby powder, and tea tree oil, and improve your immune system with healthy diet and exercise, you can rid yourself of mites. Don't forget to vacuum, and clean your floors, and do your laundry to. I add borax powder to my laundry.

Hope this helps

how did you know you had mites? Did you develop a rash? Or, did you have bite marks on your skin?

My sister got skin mites out of nowhere, she has no idea how, and then her boyfriend started to get them. They went to the doctor and you have to get diagnosed with it. You have to be sure you think you have it. They will probably try to tell you you have an allergy reaction or something, due to them not exactly knowing how someone has it rather than many other bugs where they know alot obout it. Be sure to tell them you did alot of research about it and you really feel that you have it. I ended up getting it also, because of spending the night over at her house. I was sure to tell them my sister and her boyfriends situations and i was SURE I had it because i have the same symptoms, and bites in the same exact spots, and they look the same. What both our doctors gave as was a creme called "Permetherin." It both worked for us. They thaught they were getting it again due to her room mate not treating herself also, and getting it a while later. (My sisters doctor said it can take up to two months for symptoms to start showing, which i think is true because i started geting it about two months later, and so is the roommate.) They did some research and started using tea tree oil - 20 drops in the bath every day - and they find it to be working. Good luck!

That isn't just mites, that's Scabies... and that's just as bad as lice. So when one person gets it, EVERYONE has to be treated immediately. All clothes, sheets, blankets... everything have to be sterilized.

What were the mites?? My wife is usffering from the same symptoms and have a confirmed immune deficency.

Help me I'm infested with Mites! ....or so I thought:

After returning from a holiday where I snorkelled the Barrier Reef, I became convinced that I was infested over my entire body with tiny black surface mites. This wasn't helped by finding a few nits(lice eggs) in my hair.

I was stung on the neck while swimming but didn't relate this a few days later to the sensation of my entire body being bitten (like needle pricks) and crawling (tickling sensation) with mites (I could remove these tiny black specks with duct tape tape, even though I was continually washing, scrubbing and covering myself with every insect exterminating concoction I could dream up).

I was terrified of giving them to the rest of the family and so isolated myself and spent my day washing all clothes and bedding and scrubbing and disinfecting myself. When I searched the internet I found others with what appeared to be the same dillema.

What I did wrong:

I assumed I had mites, after all I could feel them and see them, or what I thought was them and then tried to erradicate them myself by using some dangerous chemicals (could have given myself chemical dermitology).Also a naturopath sent me off in the wrong direction by saying he new of these 'mites' and recommended my taking lemon myrtle tea baths daily for 6 weeks.

What I should have done:

The first thing you do is to see a medical doctor and have 'them' analysed/identified under a microscope.

I eventually did send specimens off to a Mite Specialist for identification only to be told they were neither mites nor organic.

On then seeing a specialist doctor he believed the sting I received while snorkelling had set of a severe nerve reaction causing the symptoms I experienced. I still am puzzled by the black specks that existed then, but not afterwards. I feel they were coming out of my skin.

Human mites generally live under the skin (scabies) if present for extended periods, or feed of a night time (bed bugs) and live away from the body during the day.

My Advice after this whole crazy scenario:

See a qualified medical practition firstly if you think you have mites and have them properly identified before embarking on any treament.

mitesexperience wrote:

What I did wrong:

What I should have done:

Skin mites are tiny bugs that burrow into peoples skin.Normally a rash would occur or itchiness.A doc can telll by rashes on the irratated infected areas.There is a special ointment or cream used to apply to the skin.

I had mites but I got them from a dog and the itchyness stead for weeks and the only cure was baking soda and water I tried all the creams only this worked

this did not help--AT ALL!

I. Hate. Mites. I. Want. Them. Off. My. Skin. An. They. Ich. So. Bad. Wat. Do. I. Do.

i tried your peroxide& it does stop the itche didnt try the baby powder yet. i did use tea tree oil & i think its killing the mites ive had them so long i dont have faith in much any more I used permyithrens cream it kills them but ive had them for 3 years I use borax too.I bombed my house today after 3 years maybe this will work i like your ideas more then anything ive read so far please keep in touch did the tea tree oil kill the mites on you?

Mites are the result of using a healthy cloth on one's skin. Along with mites it can cause disease like skin cancer. That is why it is always advised to use clean cloth.

demodex mites don't just come and go as somebody said here. these bugs always present on the skin. and for different reasons for some people they go unnotices but for other people they start causing problems. Ovante has bunch of good stuff to help with the demodex mites and there are others as well, but the main thing what i learned is try to avoid antibiotics as part of treatment. it usualy have negative effect on the skin and the mites breed even more and i red somewhere that they can even eat chemicals.