Hello, folks. My friend has been suffering from nose polyps for years. I would like to know something more about this condition. Are these polyps in any way related to allergic reaction? What do you think about this? I would really like to hear your opinions. Thanks for all your replies.

Hello, there. I wouldn’t say that nose polyps are strictly a result of allergic reaction. Allergy can be just one of the factors responsible for their appearance. Polyps are a result of an inflammation of nasal mucosa. This inflammation can be caused by viruses or bacteria. This inflammation is a going-on process. The lining becomes more permeable for water which enters the cells. This all have some influence in polyps appearance. You should pay a visit to an ENT specialist and solve your problem. I hope you will manage this. Bye!

In some cases polyps do form because of allergies. I'm 20 years old and about to have my 5th surgery and the doctors don't know why they keep coming back. I've had extensive allergy testing done and they only thing that comes up is a slight allergy to dust (don't we all have that?). Nonetheless I sleep with an air purifier next to my bed and everything in my room is hypoallergenic. I'm not sure if it's helped the polyp situation or not but I do have an easier time breathing.

my daughter has a very bad case of polyps up her nose and the doctor has gave her 3 months to try and see if it is a allagy if not then she has to have a major op she is only 10