I'm 13 and have just started puberty but i cant retract my foreskin!!! I would be able to but my foreskin is "fused to my penis". Is this normal or should i be really worried? Grateful for replies

Hi, when you have an erection, can you pull it back at all ? A little bit, or is it attached to the head.

lol i had that when i was 14 , gradually i ripped it off, i didnt hurt

this happened to me just get ur thumb of one hand and the other and put them kinda side by side on where the adhesion joins to your foreskin and slowly pull pretty hard your two thumbs apart....youll kinda see where the adhesion joins stretch...just hold it like that gradually pulling apart and it will just break

I'm a new mom of a 4 month old. He was circumcised at the hos. at 2days old. No one informed me to pull the skin back as it healed. We were shown to put a&d ointment on a gauze pad and place on penis. I stumbled across in what to expect book about penile adhesions and thought oh my god that seems like what my baby has. So I did some research and found that we should of been informed how to care for his cercumsision. I always pull back the skin to clean but never to pull the skin off the head of the penis. Does he need surgery? It's the whole head of the penis. Are all of the DR's at falt? He has been to several DR's and nobody said anything...................... What should I do? I'm so mad and sad for all the babies that have to go through this when it could of been avoided. All they had to do is show us how to care for it, it's that simple.

Baby boys are born with the inner layer of the foreskin fused with the surface of the underlying glans penis. This is natural, normal, and protects against infection. Over some years the fusion spontaneously disintegrates and releases the inner foreskin. This usually happens prior to puberty, but not always.

Apparently, your foreskin has not yet released, although it probably is about ready to release due to your age. You can try peeling the foreskin away from the glans penis to see if you can break the remaining fusion. Do it carefully and little by little. It may take you several tries to get it all.

When you tear the foreskin away, the head will be red in color, where the separation occurred, for a while. Put some Vaseline under your foreskin to prevent it from re-adhering to the head.

If you can’t get it to separate by pulling on it, a urologist can help you. It is called “lysing”.