I had my hemorrhoid surgery on Tuesday for removal of external and banding of internal (that was five days ago). I finally felt like I could sit in a position to use my laptop in bed today. It does help comfort me that other people have had the exact same feelings and issues as I have afterward. I thought I was being a baby, that maybe something else was wrong with me, etc... My doctor's office said I would be out of work 2 or 3 days. WHAT??? Now I feel like a jerk for telling my boss I might not be back next week. She probably thinks I'm taking advantage of my sick leave. It's truly been awful. The pain during a BM is excrutiating. Like many others I have cried, gripped nearby items, and taken respite in my bathtub and in pain meds. When I first got home I felt great--no pain at all because I assume they injected the site with a local. After that wore off I was okay. Didn't have to take a BM until later the next day. That's when all heck broke lose. My husband came home to his crying wife and found some different pain meds from my mother-in-law. The Lorotabs were making me vomit on top of everything else. You know what the nurse at my doctors' office said? Take Ibuprofen and I quote "stay away from those narcotics." Anyways, I would NOT do this surgery again, and I guess there is a reason they don't tell you how bad it will be before the surgery. On the other hand, the stool softeners have made me have to go about every 30 minutes to an hour even though I have eaten almost nothing since Tuesday. I have found myself pooping in the bathtub as disgusting as that sounds. It seemed to help ease some stinging, but not the razor blade pain. I decided I will just wait until I can't wait any longer and let the poop "fall" out. I will take some fiber as suggested in this forum and maybe walk around the house a little more. I feel like an invalid.

Hi Hon: You have DEFINITELY come to the right place, if you go to the top of this screen, click on SEARCH and put this name in the poster they will be able to answer ALL of your questions, we started talking a week or so ago about her/his hemorrhoid surgery and they are doing great, and stated that they are will to help out anyone else in this postion.

ctannur

this is the person you need to look up and see all of the posts between us. You WILL get through this hon, and of course they don't tell you how bad it will be! They would be out of a job if they did ;-) XD Good luck and I know ctannur will gladly help you. Review our conversations too, i gave some advice for helping out the situation. Keep me posted OK?

I'm sorry to hear that you're having such a hard time. It sounds to me like you're really upset and frustrated and right now you're probably cursing yourself for going through with the surgery. Well, you will be out of the woods soon enough so please keep us posted. I hope that now that it's been a few days that you are feeling better. Are you yet? Keep us posted.

I'd like advice on the surgery of EXTERNAL hemorrhoids. I recently got an EXTERNAL one and am desperate to have surgery although I do not know much about it. I have cream that soothes the little pain that I get but I really really want rid of it altogether as it gives me a lot of discomfort. Can someone please help? Many thanks.