I need to know – is parkinson's disease fatal?? We just returned from a hospital where my father went for a neurological evaluation. Doctors said it is Parkinson. My father is 49 years old and a very energetic and active person. I just cannot imagine what will this condition do to his spirit. In next few days he will receive doctor's detailed instructions on how to lead his life from now on. What can we do?

Give him your love and unconditioned support. Any time, as much as he wants. Believe me, he will need it. Even though Parkinson's disease is not fatal, he will have at least ten years, even more, maybe 15, 20, before the illnesses progresses to the point of no return. You do know there is no cure, but therapy and medications that relieve from symptoms will help him for many years to maintain his spirit the way it was before.