Hi, my father is a fifty seven years old man. Some time ago his hands started shaking. Since this symptom did not seize, I took him to see a doctor. He was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. I thought that Parkinson's disease affects people in the later years, after the seventies and so the diagnosis was a bit of a surprise. Can you tell me when the earliest onset of Parkinson's disease is?

Hi, Parkinson's disease is a condition that affects neurons of the brain important for the production of the neurotransmitter called dopamine. This neurotransmitter has the function in the control of the muscle movement. There is no specific life age when the Parkinson's disease occurs. Most of the people get diagnosed in the late fifties and early sixties. But, there are cases that babies younger than one year were diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. I know that you must have been surprised when you found out that your father suffers from this condition, but as you can see, when the age is concerned, he fits the general population of Parkinson's patients. You should be supportive and make sure your father takes his medicine.

hi im 16 and a few people have asked me why my hands are always shaking and parkinson's is in my family history but usualy later in life so im kinda worried