Hi, my friend's mother has been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. As long as I can remember, she was always healthy. Couple of months ago her hands started to tremor. Now she is under a medical therapy. I know that my friend's family exercises regularly. So, I was wondering would exercise help my friend's mother with Parkinson's disease.

Hi, I must tell you that Parkinson's disease is a very serious condition. The one that suffers from it will benefit from anybodies help at least in the psychological way. I think that it is great that you are asking about the way you can contribute to your friend's mother health. Parkinson's disease affects nerve cells that produce dopamine. This is a chemical responsible for transmitting the messages from the brain to the muscles. This is why the tremor occurs. Besides the medicine that was prescribed by the doctor, some other things can be done so that the state of the patient would improve. One of them is exercise. By applying it regularly, progress of reliving of the symptoms will rise. This should also be discussed with the doctor so that the best exercises would be used. You should tell this to your friend.