My father has been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. I must say that I was devastated when I heard of this. He is not that old, 60 year of age and this should not have happened to him. Anyway, we are all trying to adjust to this new way of life he will be leading. Anyway, I have heard that there might be other, also sever conditions that can occur because of Parkinson's disease, dysautonomia for example. Can you give me any info on dysautonomia?

It is a condition that damages autonomic nervous system (ANS). It can produce failure of both ANS parts, sympathetic and parasympathetic and because of it excessive ANS activity might occur. It can emerge individually, and also as a result of some other disease, Parkinson's disease for example. There is no cure for this illness. If there is an underlying cause, it can help a bit. As for the prognosis, it depends on what part of ANS is damaged.