My best friend have had high blood pressure and arrhythmias for years. She has specific heart conditions. She has been taking drugs for heart all the time. She is pregnant now, 7week, and her doctor prescribed Verapamil as a treatment. She belches very often, and I am not sure if it is because of pregnancy or a drug. She has never used it before and she asked me to check this drug. Does anyone know something?

Verapamil is used to treat irregular heartbeats and high blood pressure. Verapamil relaxes blood vessels so that tha heart does not have to pump as hard, also increases the supply of blood and oxygen to the heart to control chest pain (angina).It can cause upset stomach so best way to take it is with food or milk Side effects from Verapamil include: constipation, headache and heartburn, upset stomach ...etc. She should consult with doctor about belching.