Good day everyone.

So my husband is dealing with very high blood pressure lately. He didn't want to take any medicine to deal with it, but now it seems that he needs to do it. His condition started to be very serious so he finally when to see the doctor. He told him that he is going to find the best calcium channel blocker for treating his blood pressure and that he is going to be just fine.

Just for the curiosity, is not that I don't trust my doctor, but I want to know what are the best calcium channel blockers for treating it?

Greetings there.

There are a couple of types of calcium channel blocker that doctors usually use to treat high blood pressure. They are drugs used to lower blood pressure and they work by slowing the movement of calcium into the cells of the heart and your blood vessel walls. This makes it easier for the heart to pump and widens blood vessels.

Doctors usually going to prescribe next channel blockers:

• Norvasc,
  • dynacirc,
  • sular,
  • plendil,
  • isoptin,
  • verelan,
  • cardene, etc

Now from this I can’t tell you which calcium channel blocker is the best. They all are good. 

Hey there. Yes, I understand but I really hope that someone in here can help me and tell me was he or she using some calcium channel blocker and if someone in here did, is there any chance to tell me which one you were using and which one was the best?

For example, I know that my neighbor was using "Verelan" but I think that he was not so satisfied with it. I don't know why, he just tell me that they could prescribe something better for him.

I know that doctor will try to find the best cure for my husband but still I want to hear what do you think. 

Look it is different for everyone. Calcium channel blockers prevent calcium from entering cells of the heart and blood vessels walls. They are also called calcium antagonists and they relax and widen the blood vessels by affecting the muscle cells in the arterial walls.

You also need to know that some calcium channel blockers have the added benefit of slowing your heart rate which can further reduce blood pressure. Also, it can relieve chest pain and control an irregular heartbeat.

My friend had experience with verelan and she told me that it is just fine for her. You see, it reacts totally different on different people.

Hey everybody,

It's true, Couch Potato, a lot of people react differently to different medications so you can't really know which one is the best medication for your husband until he tries some of them. There are people who are struggling to find the proper medication for them for even months.

The best way to do this is for him to try the first medication. If it doesn't show good results, he should switch to another medication. He should keep doing this until he finds the right medication for him. This method is called a brute force method and it is used in all aspects of life.

Hey guys,

It is true that you can't know for sure which medication would be the best for him but he can start with the one that he thinks that would be best for him. Then, if it turns out that it isn't the right medication for him, he can switch to the next one.

I myself was using Felodipine for my high blood pressure, it was the first medication that I got a hold of and it worked like charmed. So I can suggest this one for your husband but like others already explained, it doesn't necessarily mean that it is going to work for him as good as it worked for me.

Hello everybody,

These calcium channel blockers aren't only used for high blood pressure, they are also used for chest pain or angina, brain aneurysm complications, irregular heartbeats or arrhythmia, migraine, some circulatory conditions such as Raynaud's disease and high blood pressure that affects the arteries in your lungs.

The calcium channel blockers that Make Me Coffee wrote above aren't all used for treating high blood pressure, instead they are used for all of these things I wrote above so your husband needs to talk to his doctor again in order to see which calcium channel blocker would be best for him, so he wouldn't waste time trying to find it on his own.