I know very well, there are so many people who are victims of a sleep disorder called obstructive sleep apnea. Many people are predisposed and have a high risk of developing this illness. I am adult male, and my friend told the odds are about 50/50 that my breathing is not normal when I am sleeping. This surprised me so I want to hear more about sleep apnea.

I understand it should be some web site to a clear and detailed description of all aspects of obstructive sleep apnea. Until then, I will try to help, by overview, which will introduce you this important sleep disorder called obstructive sleep apnea. People with this disorder experience recurrent episodes during sleep when their throat closes and they cannot suck air into their lungs. This happens because the muscles that normally hold the throat open during wakefulness relax during sleep. This is the main problem because it allows it to narrow. When the throat is partially closed or the muscles relax too much, trying to inhale will suck the throat completely closed. That is why the air cannot pass at all, causing obstructive sleep apnea. This is an obstructive sleep apnea episode, with some specific cardinal symptoms. Those symptoms are fatigue and tiredness during the day. If the loud snoring is repeatedly punctuated by brief periods of silence or choking sounds, the individual is certain to have obstructive sleep apnea.