Hi. I’ve lately experienced frequent arousals from sleep. I usually feel as though I was choking. This is really freaking me out!!! Moreover, I feel more and more sleepy during the day, my concentration is much worse than it used to be… What could be wrong with me??? Is it possible that I have obstructive sleep apnea?? Is there anybody here who could advise me what to do?? Thanks.

I think that it is highly possible that you have obstructive sleep apnea. It is a breathing disorder which occurs during sleep and most individuals that have it complain about the same things as you. It is not very common and it usually occurs with overweight people… Are you overweight?? You did not mention that… Anyway, if you want to be sure you’ll have to take an overnight sleep study. Fortunately, most people with sleep apnea can be treated successfully and treatment often includes weight loss and/or reduction of alcohol consumption…