Hello! My sister has had problems with her sleep for a long time. She usually had morning headaches, daytime sleepiness and she was very nervous and irritable. She also used to walk during the night but when we told her she did that she didn’t believe us since she didn’t remember anything. A friend of mine told me she could be suffering from sleep apnea since she had all the symptoms. My sister doesn’t want to see her doctor and she is thinking on taking some medicines in order to obtain good night sleep. Will sleep pills help her?

Hello! Quality sleep is very important for our health. Any kind of sleep disorder may cause severe problems and endanger our health. I think your sister has to visit her doctor as soon as possible. The symptoms you described are the usual symptoms of apnea but they can also be connected to some other sleep disorder. Sleep apnea is a serious sleep disorder but it is not treated with sleep pills. Actually, patients who are diagnosed a sleep apnea should stop using all sleep medicines. Common treatment for sleep apnea is CPAP which is a device that deliver slightly pressurized air to keep the throat open during the night.