Hi, I`ve always been at good health, although smoking and drinking (not too much). I`m 24 and recently I started to experience some sort of breathing problem, during the sleep. I wasn`t really aware, my gf told me that. Because of those frequent episodes of obstructed breathing I have started to sleep less and fell tired during the day. My gf says her uncle had sleep apnea, and that the symptoms are pointing into that direction. Could it be some sort of pre-sleep apnea?

Hi, this happens to me too, and now you got me really scared. So I was researching a bit and found out that sleep apnea is a serious problem. First, you must cut down the smoking and alcohol (I did, and my condition is improved, but not as I`ve expected). Yeah, your symptoms (and mine) does point on sleep apnea, but I`m not a doctor. Also, there are many problems that could be associated with sleep apnea, such as loud snoring, headaches and confusion after waking, depression, heartburn, insomnia, rapid weight gain, high blood pressure. Sleep apnea can give you a heart attack, impotence and heart disease. Mild Sleep Apnea is usually treated by some behavioral changes. Like, you should be losing some weight, if you have that problem, and sleeping on your side. Also, sleep Apnea gets worse as you age. Don`t know about pre-sleep apnea, but my wild guess is that you are lucky that your gf has heard your breathing difficulties. The symptoms could get worse, if the sleep apnea is what you have.