My mom is using Omega 3 for a long time and I got worried about her, because I’ve been told that Omega 3 increases cancer risk. Could it be true? She has always been weak health and I think that she should stop taking it if it true.

Here is what I have found about your concern. Omega-3 (and omega-6) fatty acids are polyunsaturated. Besides vegetables, nuts, and grains, they acids are also found in coldwater fish such as tuna, salmon, and mackerel. Some studies have shown that eating foods that have mono- or polyunsaturated fats can help reduce your levels of "bad cholesterol and may also keep your triglyceride levels low. You know that Triglycerides are a form of fat in your bloodstream. Research is needed to find out if reducing saturated fat will have a significant influence on breast cancer risk, but while this study did not produce significant results, it does suggest that more research with longer follow-up time is needed to try and tease out the relationship between a low-fat diet and breast cancer risk in specific groups of women.