I suffer hbp and check my cholesterol level regularly because am overweight a bit. I had to change my nutritional habits significantly 6 months ago when was diagnosed with 150/105 mmHg. My cholesterol is under control now but triglyceride levels are very low, much lower than a month ago. My hdl is ok. Is it normal that triglycerides drop from 220 on 188 mg/dl?

Value of 220 mg/dl is a bit higher that normal, for average healthy person. Optimal triglyceride level is under 100 mg/dl. I think that there is nothing to be worried about in lowering your triglyceride level. Low carbohydrate diet, in combination with omega fatty acids and vitamin c can reduce triglyceride level dramatically. It is important to keep levels of triglycerides and cholesterol low because their excess levels are responsible for thickening blood, forming blood cloths, increasing blood pressure and number of harmful effects on cardiovascular system.