I have a friend who is talking about healthy food all the time. Every day he gives me new info about this and that. Last time he surprised me with fish oil, claiming this is healthy. He is terrified how most of people do not understand all good effects of fish oil, so I found myself there also. That is why I want to hear if that is really as good as he keeps telling me?

The fact is that high intake of fish has been linked to a significant decrease in age-related memory loss. Beside this, it is improved and cognitive function impairment and a lower risk of developing Alzheimer's disease. A recent study found that Alzheimer's patients given an omega-3-rich supplement such as fish oil has, experienced a significant improvement in their quality of life. Several studies have established a clear association between low levels of omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil and depression. Studies also have shown that countries with a high level of fish consumption have fewer cases of depression. Researchers used fish oil supplementation to treat bipolar disorder and some British researchers report encouraging results in the treatment of schizophrenia. Greek researchers report that fish oil supplementation the number of heart attacks by 41% in men suffering from angina. Daily supplementation with as little as 2.7 grams of EPA and 1.8 grams of DHA from fish oil can markedly reduce the number of tender joints and increase the time before fatigue sets in. Some studies have also noted a decrease in morning stiffness and at least two clinical trials concluded that arthritis patients who took fish oils could eliminate use of drugs.

Hi, have high blood pressure but when I started to follow special dietary instructions like consuming fatty sea fish at least 3 times a week, and vegetables everyday may situation has improved. Fish oil is rich in omega 3 fatty acids, considered to be essential fatty acids for human health and are not produced in the body. Fish oil supplies body with this essential nutrients. The Mediterranean diet is famous as being heart protective. It consists of whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, fish, olive oil, garlic, as well as moderate wine consumption. Omega 3 was found as helpful supplement in research on high cholesterol, high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke.