I had some problems with my health so I went to my doctor. He took my blood for some tests and later diagnosed me with high levels of trglycerides. can someone tell me more about my condition? Is it dangerous?

Triglycerides are a type of fatty acid or lipoprotein and a triglyceride molecule consists of three molecules of fatty acid combined with a molecule of the alcohol glycerol. They come from food as well as being produced by the body. Triglycerides levels can be tested in patients at risk of coronary heart disease or with high cholesterol. Changes in diet, reduced alcohol intake and increased exercise can have an effect on triglyceride levels, so it is important to change our life style. Some research indicates that high triglyceride levels increase risk of coronary heart disease (CHD). It is not completely understood why high levels of triglycerides increase the risk of CHD. High triglyceride levels increase the risk of thrombosis, which can lead to myocardial infarction, heart attack. High levels of triglycerides are usually those above 2.3 mmol/L and extremely high levels are those greater than 500 mmol/L. Moderately levels of triglycerides are treated by weight loss, restricting alcohol intake and increasing exercise but high levels should be treated aggressively with low fat diets or medications, if needed.