Hi everyone,

I've been kind of a health freak ever since I know about myself. This has good and bad sides I suppose, like everything else in life. Anyway, a friend of mine recently came to work a bit sad, we are always used to hear him talk and laugh a lot but now he was quite. He later explained to me, when I asked him, that he was diagnosed with coronary heart disease. He also told me that this could have been prevented with one of many diets, his doctor told him that.

Can now somebody tell me which diets can prevent coronary heart disease?

Hey Health n Joy,

You need to search for a heart healthy diet. If you are searching for an optimal diet for the prevention of coronary heart disease, you are hardly going to find it. You just need a heart healthy diet.

The only thing that I know and that is basically known about the prevention of coronary heart disease is that you should avoid intake of saturated fats and cholesterol. One research found that dietary intake of specific fatty acids directly influenced blood cholesterol in humans, and epidemiologic studies identified elevated serum cholesterol as a strong independent risk factor for coronary heart disease.

Hi guys,

I have to agree with Alan, you need a heart healthy diet. I mean, you don't need it, if you want me to be honest with you. I'm almost sure that you are already living a good and healthy life. It all comes down to taking care of your weight, you know. Keep your bad cholesterol at low level and your good cholesterol at high level and you are half way there.

Daily exercise is very important when it comes to preventing any kind of heart diseases and conditions. So, a heart healthy diet and a lot of exercise should do the trick.

Hi Health n joy,

The people above me are mostly right when it comes to prevention of coronary heart disease. However, I wouldn't worry much about this if I were you. You can do your best trying to prevent it (maybe lose your nerves, lose a lot of weight, change your lifestyle) and still get it somehow. Heart is a very strange muscle and it is still not completely known to doctors.

As Bee wrote above me, I'm sure that you are doing just fine, just like she (or he) said. Just make sure to keep your diet and your lifestyle healthy.

Hi everyone,

I see. Thank you for your replies, even though I'm not sure what to think about all this. Do I really need a diet then? I am living a healthy life, thank you for noticing that, I'm spending 2 hours in the gym five days a week. And I am also trying to live my life as healthy as I can. I eat very small amounts of sweets and low amounts of foods with fat. I don't think that I'm prone to coronary heart disease either, but you can never be completely sure, and I want to do everything that is in my power in order to not get it.

Good day there.

I believe that there is no optimal diet that can help you in preventing coronary heart disease. I think that it is most important to find the balance and to eat healthy groceries such: meat, vegetables, fruits, beans oat meal, etc. Sometimes I believe that we can make a diet program alone, for us that is going to help us feel much better. Also, I am sure that this program can help us in dealing with heart issues. If you are not sure what is the best diet for you and your organism, you should definitely consult a nutritionist.  

Good day there everyone.

Sure that there are several diet program that can help in prevention of coronary heart diseases. And it is nothing that complicated. You can simply lowering the percentage of energy from total fat in the diet is unlikely to improve lipid profile or reduce CHD incidence. Also, substantial evidence indicates that diets using nonhydrogenated unsaturated fats as the predominant form of dietary fat, whole grains as the main form of carbohydrates, an abundance of fruits and vegetables, and adequate omega-3 fatty acids can offer significant protection against coronary heart disease. Anyway, to cut long story short you should eat more vegetables and fruits and avoid food that can raise your bad cholesterol.

Hello there. My opinion is pretty much the same - you need to find the perfect balance while you are making changes in your life. The same thing is with your eating plan - when you cut out all those groceries that you really don't need you will see that your organism will work much better and you will be much healthier. Don't take too much dairy products, don't eat a lot of salt and don't use a lot of sugar. Eat meat, vegetables, grain free foods, fruits. Once you find what is the best for you, your body is going to react at it. You will see. 

Hello everyone. Here are a couple of tips that actually can help you. I know that I was reading about this a long time ago, but I can help you. It is very good to try to follow fat – free or low – fat dairy products, such as skim milk. Also, eat fish. Fish is very high in omega 3 – fatty acids, so try to eat a lot of salmon, tuna at least twice a week. Also, fruits such as bananas, oranges, pears and apples are really amazing. Vegetables are always amazing groceries but you should eat broccoli, cabbage and carrots. Whole grains such as oatmeal and brown rice are very important thing in the diet program. Also, eat a lot of red meat.

Good day there.

Well, there are a couple of tips but I follow this one – always choose healthy fats. But always. Despite what you may have heard, some fats are actually good for you. When you use fats while you are cooking, you should always choose monounsaturated fats, such as olive oil or canola oil. Also, avocados are also a good source of monounsaturated fat. Polyunsaturated fats, such as those found in nuts and seeds, and omega-3 fats, such as those found in fish, are also healthy choices. In general, you should try to avoid trans fats. They are healthy and good for you and your health.