I have entered menopause and unfortunately I am one of the unlucky ones who have to suffer going through the stage. I am experiencing hot flashes and also mood swings. My friend from work ( who has no problems what so ever) told me that eating salmon can help menopause. Is this true? Is there anything else I can eat to make things better or at least less worse? Thank you

Yes, luckily there are some of the dietary changes that can be made to reduce some of these menopausal symptoms. Firstly I would advise you to avoid spice food. Here is the list of what you should eat more: cold water fish such as salmon, tuna, herring, mackerel and halibut for their beneficial omega 3 fatty acids, flaxseeds, soy foods, legumes, whole grains and seeds, sea vegetables and wild yams. I wish you good luck with reducing your menopausal symptoms!