A study said that women from Ontario live longer then men, but they suffer more from chronic conditions. This is the first study to be provide in Ontario with a comprehensive overview of women's health. Form gender, income, education, to ethnicity and geography.
The study was conducted in St. Michael's Hospital by Dr. Arlene Bierman.

I am not surprised by this. I think that women definitely get the short end of the stick health-wise sometimes especially considering that they have menstrual cycles and they're more prone to scoliosis and are more likely to die from heart attacks and all that! It's sad to know that but since this study confirms that women do suffer from more chronic conditions then maybe they can work on helping alleviate symptoms.

Well I think that this is the first step toward that. I think that now is the right time to find the ways how can this be eased. Women have longer life spend than man, but when you consider this chronic condition is not reassuring at all. It would be very good that they find some ways to help them as soon as possible.

I think I'd rather live a shorter span with fewer problems than a longer span with more problems. Seeing as how I am a man apparently the decision has already been made for me! But I do think that it's important to realize that women are almost criminally ignored in medicine to the point where some feminists had to actually form healthcare organizations emphasizing healthcare for women, so it is clearly an issue. Sad that we have to have studies to prove that!