Hey Everyone...Is chivalry really dead? I'd like to know what your experiences are. I actually hear a guy say that yes, it's dead. Whose responsibility is it to see that a woman gets treated with gentlemanly care? Should the woman demand it? Should men know to do it? What do you think? Ladies, is your man a gentleman? What do women want?

Chivalry isn't dead, but I don't think it should really be practiced any longer. I don't think it's very fair for me to make the same as a woman, but be expected to pay for dates when going out, especially now that women can ask men out just as much. I think that there's a basic level of respect to show everyone, but beyond that, I think it'd be sexist for me to offer special treatment on a date, like ordering a meal for a woman or something.

Thanks for that insight. I think that ordering a meal for a woman is kind of over the top. I don't think that I would like that unless he was just responding to a waiter about my particular likes or dislikes. I wonder what the women out there are thinking. How would you split up the payment on the dates if you didn't think that you should pay for all of them?

I believe in being kind and caring towards people. Women seem to like that, usually. Chivalry is not dead either, just a bit scarce. Mind you, what point is there in chivalry when most women dont seem to be very lady like nowadays :? (notice i said most)

Excellent point Ian Last! You've hit one of the nails on the head. I am a woman and I feel the same as you do. It seems that it's more popular now a days to be unladylike and it makes me cringe. Women are the key and "most" of them don't realize it. Thanks for the honesty.

Well not really sure where I stand on this topic, but will try to give my opinion. Threating women with respect is great, and I do that. But things like ordering food for her is just unnecessary and by not doing that I think I show my respects to her. We are or equal and have freedom to express what we want in any kind of way, even in foods. :-)
Paying for dinner is another thing, to me in most cases it depends who has invited who? If I am the one who is inviting than off course I will pay.
I think that they are many who still follow the chivalry, and it is definitely not dead.
Do you think that only men with lots of money can be gentleman and that they are the once that follow chivalry cod?

No. Anyone can be chivalrous nomatter howmuch money they have. Chivalry and romance, which are connected in many ways can be done by anyone. Nomatter what creed or wealth they have.

I agree Ian. It's not about money, it's about being a gentleman, i.e. opening doors for a woman; treating her like a lady. It is about romance, making her feel like a lady. A woman can respond to that appropriately so that the man will feel good about his behavior so that he enjoys treating her in a special way. I know that it feels good to me.

Well if you mean it in this way, then for me it is very important to threat a women this way. Respect is one of the most important things for me. Men and women need to respect them selfs equally and one way is by being an gentleman. It is so much nicer and better when everyone is satisfied. She and he feel so much better and nicer.

No one knows what women want, not even women know what they want.

They change their minds all the time.

They nag.

They're moody.

They want to talk about their feelings.

They want to men to treat them as equals except for when it's convenient for them.

I really wouldn't like to choose sides here :-) but men can be like this too. And it all depends from person to person. It is on individual basis only. It is very important for one to find someone that suits him right in many things as possible. If you threat each other in same manner that you won't have mood swings or anything like that. You need to find one song that you can sing together, in a matter of speaking. :-)

Hi liposuction:
It sounds like you have not encountered very many (if any) nice women, and I am so sorry about that. Nice, or good women are out there. There are a lot of women who are stable and a pleasure to be with. I sincerely hope that your experiences will get better. Maybe you could try meeting women in different environments. Where are you meeting women at? I really hpe that you will have a positive experience soon. Let me know how it's going.

Well dsdesk, you have mentioned very good thing. I am wondering now, how many women really want man to be gentlemen?
Thinking about this, not even sure that there are so many women out there who want this anymore. And rather they are going for some modern ways.