I would like to know for how long after smoking marijuana in pregnancy does thc stay in the woman’s organism.

Hello! I can’t tell you how long thc stays in the organism in pregnant women, or whether there is a diference in being pregnant or not ( for length of thc ) but I certainly know that it can affect the body. Firstly, it may interfere with the eating habits, and rest which can influence good functioning of the immune system. I also read that babies born to mothers who used marijuana during pregnancy were smaller than those born to mothers who did not use the drug and smaller babies are more likely to develop health problems.

Hi aurora, 

Depending on how often you have smoked marijuana, thc can stay in your body anywhere from two weeks up to somewhere over the month. These figures are valid when you are not pregnant, but they are not that different when you are. The longer and more often you smoke, the more amount of thc is present in your body, so that is also important when you are thinking about how smoking marijuana might affect you and your pregnancy.

There are no major differences on if you smoke in early or late in pregnancy – marijuana has its effects on your body that get transfer to the unborn baby via blood, so as much as it’s important watch out for other medications and drugs, you should take this into account as well.

Just wanna say i smoked weed during pregnancy to be able to eat or drink anything.. my baby got his first cold at 7months and was born a week before due date weighing 8lbs 3oz. He still continies to be in 90th percentile, and extremely smart.

I stopped eating it at 14wks pregnant and still tested positive at 38wks... but it is untrue that babies are smaller if your use... Both my kids were over 9lbs at birth and I ate it with both pregnancies. Also proven kids are smarter who are born to women who used it during pregnancy...

and BTW my kids are rarely sick and still in 90th percentile

I call BS on that because I smoked in my first trimester and my daughter was 8 lbs 6 oz and was perfectly fine. She is 6 now and is so smart! Get your facts straight before talking!

My son weighed 9 lbs 5 0z at birth and 22 inches long...if smoking weed decreased his birth weight than I consider that a good thing. He is almost 5 and has only been sick 4 times...he gets an ear infection the same time every year. He is also extremely smart...like too smart for his own good and mine.

I Found Out I Was pregnanT The Other Day B4 Tht I Was Smoking Pot theN I quit. But I haven't been able TOO eat or drink so I caved in And smoke just so I could eat and drink something and now I feEl guilty.. I'm terrified I'm hurting my baby.. of course I ain't gonna smoke again but I'm glad I can read other people's comments and not feel so bad

I just want to say that I smoked my entire pregnancy with my first son. He is 8 years old now and has never had any health issues or behavioral problems that were out of the ordinary. I don't think there is anything to feel guilty about. That soda or cup of coffee you had this morning is more harmful in my opinion. We are in this day in age where we are so overly cautious about everything because we are so concerned with others opinions. My mother and her mother and her mother before that drank, smoked cigarettes and still permed their hair. Everything will be just fine. Everyone needs to just relax and drowned out the background noise that is our new society. Congratulations on your happy and healthy pregnancy!!

Actually, there is no study that says marijuana will harm the unborn baby❤ continue to educate! It helps.

Where do you live? How long during your pregnancy did you smoke, full term? And did they drug test your baby when they were born?

Completely ignore this comment. Because it's a bunch of hearsay. Most mothers who smoked just thc have healthy babies with healthy birth weights. All of my friend's smoked with their babies and they're pretty fast learners as well.

Just want to say everyone is different so just cuz something happens to one person doesn't mean it's going to happen to another person just saying

The only thing you should be concerned with smoking weed while pregnant is the drug testing they do at the hospital. THC does NOT cause low birth weight. THC does NOT cause birth defects. THC does NOT do ANY harm to you or the baby. Please, please, please do a little research before judging yourself too harshly based on other people’s negative opinions of marijuana. Think of all the people who smoke throughout their pregnancy in the 70’s and had happy healthy babies. Another thing, the studies that you’ll read about the “negative” effects of weed during pregnancy are not isolated studies. The women being studied were also drinking and smoking cigarettes and who knows what else - not just marijuana. How is that a fair study? Do what feels right to you mamas! Happy procreating!