:-( I am in some serious pain! What exercises are suitable for osteochondrosis in the lower lumbaosacral segments? Also have degenerative disc protrusion L4/5 and L5/S1. I am 21.

Hi, I have been having troubles with my lower back which has been in pains for 3 years. I have been told about some pretty helpful exercises and I can freely say that I’ve been so far happy with the results. After a few months of training, I have better mobility of the lower back and daily activities seem to be easier to handle now. Also I don’t use that much drugs to control the pain in my back.
So, the exercises suggested are:
1) Leg lifts, in which subjects stood by the end of a table, leaned over into a prone position with the hips against the edge of the table and the chest flat on the table, and then lifted both legs behind them to the greatest possible height;
2) Trunk lifts, in which subjects lay prone on a table with their hips at the edge and the upper part of the body extending out over the edge of the table face-down (a strap over the calves kept individuals from toppling off the table). With hands behind their heads, the participants lowered their trunks and then lifted their trunks upward to the greatest possible extent (very much like traditional 'Roman-Chair' exercise);
3) Abdominal contractions (sit-ups), in which individuals lay on their backs with their knees flexed, feet on the floor, and arms behind their heads and then slowly 'sat up' in a straight- forward direction; and
4) Lat pull-downs, in which participants sat on a seat, grasped a weight lever, and then pulled the lever down behind their necks and shoulders, lifting a weight stack which was attached to the lever.
I hope these exercises would help you a bit. Also, have you been wondering about going to yoga?

How did you get diagnosed? What was the cause? How are you treating it? Is the treatment working? How are you feeling now?