Hello! Yesterday at the gym I saw the biggest calves ever. It is said that it is very important to have good developed calves. Mine are not that developed. Can you give me some advice how to make my calves stronger? Thank you in advance!!!!

Hi there! Yes, bodybuilders talk about developed calves as a matter of prestige. Besides that, stronger calf muscles will put more bounce in your jump and help support your knee joints, reducing wear and tear. These are the instruction I got for developing calves: 1. Stand with your back and knees straight, relax shoulders and spread your feet shoulder-width 2. Step onto a 4- to 6-inch stair step with the balls of your feet balanced on the edge, 3. Extend both arms in front of you for balance, 4. Lower heels gradually toward the floor, keeping your body weight slightly forward and your heels off the floor, 5. Hold this position for 2 to 3 seconds, 6. Lift your heels back to their original position, 7. Lift your heels up as high as possible. You should be standing on your toes 8. Concentrate on contracting your calf muscles. Hold the position for 3 to 5 seconds, keeping your legs straight and arms in front of you, 9. Lower your heels back to their original position. You should do 1-2 sessions with 10 lifts or so.