I am not satisfied with how my stomach looks. I am actually thin, but my stomach is never flat. It needs one glass of water for it to looks like balloon. What are the best exercises for tight stomach? Please post.

I think that scissor kicks are the best for stomach. Start by lying on the floor, hands under the buttocks, back pressed against the floor. Raise right leg off the ground, about 10-15 inches. Back it down slowly. As you lower right leg, raise the left. I do three sets of 10 repetitions every day and my stomach is flat!

The following exercises are said to strength and tone the torso in just six weeks:

Crunches:

Lie on your back with your hands crossed across your chest or with your fingers on the sides of your head. Place your feet on the floor with legs bent. To begin the exercise, lift your torso, lifting shoulder blades off the floor and crunching your rib cage towards your lower belly. Hold for two counts, then lower slowly to the starting position.

Reverse Crunch: Lie flat on the floor with a neutral spine, with knees at a 90-degree angle, feet a few inches off the floor and legs together, hands by your sides. Focus on contracting your abdominals to lift your hips up and in toward your rib case. Exhale as you contract; inhale to return to starting position.

Bicycle: Lie on your back, hips and knees bent at 90-degrees, chest curled over ribs, hands behind your head. Extend the left leg out while bringing the right knee in towards the chest and rotating the left shoulder toward the right knee. Keep the arm from crossing the face. Rotate from the trunk through the center to the other side without dropping your chest. Move in slow, controlled movements without shifting your hips.

Plank
Begin by placing elbows on the floor and resting body on the knees. Pull the abs tight to hold your body in a straight line from head to knees without sagging in the middle, eyes looking naturally forward. Hold this position for as long as you can, relax and repeat 3 or more times.

are their equivalent balanced diet required to make the said techniques more effective? ?

It has been my experience that you need to treat your abs like any other muscle group. For example if you want a six pack you need to train your abs the same way you would train biceps to grow.

What I mean by this, is that you should add weights to the exercise that you are doing. For example if you are doing crunches on the stability ball and you can do 30 reps. This is too many reps. You should hold a dumbbell over your head and do the crunches. You should choose a weight that you can only perform 10-12 reps.

Another option is to do the rep extremely slow. That is 10 seconds on the way up and ten seconds on the way down. This can produced similar results.

Also make sure that you include other types of exercises besides crunches. You should have some exercise where you are pulling your feet up to put emphasis on lower abs. You should have something with a rotation for obliques. Some type of stabilization exercise like the plank to stabilize the spine. finally make sure that you choose an exercise for the lower back.

Hope this helps
Agrad

For me, it's always portion control. Just control how much you eat.

I think that crunches are the best thing for tight stomach. You do build some muscles there, but I think most of the people won't mind this. :-)
It is hard and not very relaxed for you back bone in beginning, but latter it is all better.
But if you are doing these exercises than you have to watch what are you eating. You have to have a proper diet.

Crunches can hurt those with a weak lower back and if you tend to pull on your neck when doing them.

The stability ball give you the opportunity to build you abs, side and back with all of the balancing work you need to do when doing various exercises on it. Of course you need a variety of exercises and need to work out your whole body when tightening up your abs. Everything you do affects them.

One exercise I really like and feel gives your body in general a great push is to do jackknives on the ball. Get your stability ball. Get in the pushup position with your feet on the ball. Roll your feet in towards your chest. Pause and return to starting. Do it ten times to start.

Be Healthy,
Renee'

Do you have a balanced diet or how much junk food do you have ? Stop having junk food and you will find the difference yourself.

To built your abs you should have high protein diet, take less amount of fat and carbohydrates, and just take a protein rich diet, and some exercises which are mentioned by other members are quite effective.