Hi, folks. My friend had an injured shoulder, but it is healing now. However, his doctor was afraid that he might have tetanus. I would like to know if this is possible. Since I don’t know much about this, I will really need some piece of info from you. I hope this won’t bother you much.

Hello, there. Tetanus is a very dangerous infection. It contaminates wounds. These bacteria live in soil. Usually, punctual wounds are the ones that easily get infected with Clostridium tetani. This bacterium is very hardy to the environment. It exists in a form of spores which are very resistant to external factors. I hope everything will be all right with your friends shoulder. Please, let me know if you need more info. Bye!

Hi. Tetanus is very dangerous, but it can be prevented. It affects muscles and nerves. You haven’t mentioned what kind of symptoms your friend has. Clostridium tetani produces neurotoxin. Tetanus has to complicate the healing of an injured shoulder. Your friend should consult his doctor for more details. I hope everything will be all right. Bye! Good luck!