So yesterday I started having a sharp pain in my right rib cage when I breathe. I didn't think much of it because it's happened before. But it's currently 3:30 am and I just woke up screaming in pain. When I'm Lying down I have to keep extreme pressure on the area in order to breathe. Standing up helps it a little, but I still have to take very short breathes and I can't move too quickly. But breathing like this is starting to make me feel whoozy and I can't get any sleep. I'm only 17 and I've never had any real health issues. I'm not super active, but I'm really skinny. Please help.

Hi Dezi I feel exactly the same, I'll get sharp pains at random time but this was after I had Pneumonia when I was 4 but I'm now 13. What we are both experiencing is I think Pleurisy. It would make me so happy if you talk to a doctor about it, as no doctors I've seen have taken me serious and if you do please tell me what they say :))))