Hi, I occasionally have pain under my ribs, and I don’t know what is causing it. To be precise, it is in my left upper abdomen. It usually lasts couple of hours, but sometimes even two days .What could this be?

Hi, I had the pain under my ribs few years ago. It usually appeared in the afternoon and in the evening. I went to doctor and she asked me many questions about my habits and life still. It turned out that I had irritating bowel syndrome with constipation. I haven’t even realized that I had constipation, because I thought that it was normal to have a bowel movement twice a week. Pain under my ribs was sharp and annoying, and I had to change my daily habits. I started to eat high fiber food, to drink 1,5 l of water a day and to exercise. I have to admit that I didn’t expect results so quickly. I felt better after only two weeks, and the pain under my ribs was relieved.