Hi, my 34 years old husband has a frequent pain in the left side of the colon. It is usually localized below his ribs, but it can appear even lower in abdomen. It is probably caused by his constipation and gas problem. It is very difficult for him to cope with this condition. If there’s anyone who managed to cure this condition, please give us some tips from your experience.

Hello, for many years I had left side pain in my abdominal area. I suffered from IBS-constipation, and barely managed to cure it. It still sometimes happens that I have a rear bowel movement, but the left side colon pain is gone! I don’t know exactly what was crucial in curing my IBS, because I was using several medications and diets. I used lactulose as a laxative, and ate only food with many fibers. I drank eight glasses of water a day, and started doing some exercises. Maybe one of these things helped me, and maybe all of them. Whatever your husband chooses from these things for reliving his left side pain, might help! Good luck!

Hi im a 17 year old male, and i too for about 10 months now have been expeireincing this pain on the left side of the lower colon, i went and saw my doctor, had some scans done, and the problem was, my colon was compated with fecial like material (waste) and the pain that i was suffering from was gas trying to pass through the compacted waste.
My doctor recommended taking laxivies for 2 days, trying to emtpy the colon, however i have had to do this 3 times now, each months apart but still the problem has not been fixed.
It's been sugested that colonic irrigation might erradicate the problem.

Hello, I am 31y/o female that has been through several tests for my abdominal pain. I had a colonoscopy done and nothing was found, two months later I had a laproscopy and it showed that I had two blockages in my colon. As some of you know they clean everything out of you for colonoscopy so 2 months and had blockages. When I had the laproscopy done they told me 3" of my colon was paralyzed and causing blockages. The only thing they are doing is told me increase fiber! I feel like if I have anymore fiber I might as well be grazing. The fiber isnt helping and I have ran out of options. My pain is acute even though I can still have a bowl movement. Any opinions?? %-)

Have you tried the fiber gummies they are yummy and each does is 5grams of fiber. which is 20percent of your daily fiber intake. I got mine at target.

what do they do dueing colonic irrigation. My son is l6 yrs old and has similar problems.

Hi ive found manuka honey helped great for this problem . I had suffered for years taking buscopan which helped slowly and laxatives but the honey worked a treat