i had a c-section almost 3 weeks ago and on 3 seperate occasions i have had severe pain under my ribs. i was wondering if this is common or normal

I don't know if it is normal, but I had my second C-section 8 weeks ago and I have been having severe rib pain on and off for the last few nights. It only seems to occur at night and intensifies when I am lying down. It doesn't bother me during the day. I am not sure what it is from and after reading people's complaints about the same side effects, no one seems to have a reason for this pain. Wish there was some answer to this because pretty painful...

hiya i had the same the pain was like labor the doctor 1st told me that ths was a uti that had traveled to my kidney, so i was put on pills and around 4 days after ending the tablets no and be hold the pain returned so back to docs which i seem to live at the moment lol...
now they are telling me it could be kidney stones, i wish they ould get this sorted as this really hurts,
you could have the same thing as a womens kindey is higher up behind the ribs and the pain feels sharp cramping/spashams at 1st you think you may have pullied a muscle,pop to the docs to check it as my pain comes and goes gets worse at nite this can bee because of a hormone that is released as hormons are released at diff times please let me know , and i hope this all helps i had c section 5 weeks ago

Hi there,

I had my c-section almost a year ago now and I'm still having pains in my ribs. It usually only happens while exercising, but sometimes it happens randomly. I try to explain to my boyfriend that it's not the kind of pain you get from running or walking too much. It's way more intense. It literally feels like my ribs are cracked and are about to break. I haven't been to a doctor to check it, because I'm not sure if it's necessary, but it's starting to become unbearable when it happens. I can't catch my breath, and I have to put pressure on my ribs and than push up to make the pain go away. Think I should get it checked out?

Omg i had c section 3 months ago and ever since i had the c section i have had pain on and off under my left rib its so painful i have to push it in like u do to stop the pain. It feels as if its travelling from a back muscle. I was thinking kidney stones, i have booked a private scan to look at all my organs to make sure its nothing malignant or bad. Ill let u all know what happens x

I have had exactly the same .. had c section 6 weeks ago started with really sharp stabbing pains in ribs on right and side. .. when to the docs and they did a urine sample and said it was a kidney infection. .. but having now finished my antibiotics it has returned .. the nurse said it is probably kidney stones but have referred to yet another doctor this morning.. just want to feel human again lol

Hello
Hi I have been having the same rib pain
With a lot of gas
I have been to the doctor and the doctor is not sure why I'm having these pains
Did you ever find out what it could be?? Please share with me
Thanks

Did you ever find out what was causing the rib pain?