I would like to know everything there is to know about abdominal pain and constipation. I have been experiencing constipation lately and want to know more about it. Any information would be of a great help. Thanks

There are many organs in the abdomen and many of them can cause pain. There are also many different conditions that can cause abdominal pain. The important thing is to know when you must seek medical care right away. So, if you have not been at your doctor, I advise you to do so. Constipation refers to infrequent or hard stools and difficulty passing stools. Constipation usually involves pain during the passage of a bowel movement, inability to pass a bowel movement after straining or pushing for more than 10 minutes. Constipation also involves no bowel movements after more than 3 days. It is important to know that constipation is a relative term because normal patterns of bowel elimination vary widely from person to person. Constipation is most often caused by a lack of physical activity, low-fiber diet, not drinking enough water. One other cause is a delay in going to the bathroom when you have the urge to defecate. Stress and travel can also contribute to constipation or other changes in bowel habits etc. However, all of this depends from person to person.