Hi.

I am 37 years old and I was struggling with pneumonia for a long time. So, the biggest success for me is that I have recovered from it. But still, one thing really scares me. I still feel pain under ribs when breathing deeply and I don't know if this because I had this pneumonia or because of something else? I am really scared because I don't want this issue to come back to me again. I really don't know what to do and that scares me the most. Any idea? Who should I consult about this? My doctor again? 

Hi there. I know exactly what you are going through. I had pneumonia two years ago, and I was recovered. So, I started taking antibiotics but my condition suddenly worsened and I had to go to the hospital. This pain under rib when breathing was really bad and I was sure that this is behind me, that this is all over. They changed some antibiotics, but my condition was nothing better than this. It looks like that sometimes antibiotics can do a proper thing in order to prevent a pain. Even if you do believe that you are healed, sometimes you are not, because it takes a time and time to recover. 

Hello. OK, like I am listening to my good friend right now. He also recovered from pneumonia and he was so scared since he felt a lot of pain in his ribs months and months after. So, I remember that I was telling him that it is time to see a doctor, but he didn't want to listen to me. When he saw that pain won't go away, he consulted his doctor and he told him that he has cracked one of his ribs, which isn't uncommon with serious coughing. He doesn't know what he was doing, but he cracked it. That is why he felt the pain. Have you done something, lifting something heavy? 

Celebrity

Hey, sometimes this can occur when you get a bad lung infection, that this is usually caused by the inflammation of the surrounds the lungs I think that so many people who had Pneumonia had this problem and it is pretty much scary. I think that in medical terms, this condition is called pleurisy and it is nasty because it can be really, really painful. All the nerves and muscles in your back and chest are connected and pain is going to one place of your body to another. Your doctor should diagnose this and give you some painkillers to stop this pain. 

Hello guys. I have the problem that I want to share with you. I have also recovered from pneumonia three months ago. It was a long recovery, but I finally beat it. Anyway, a couple of days ago I got this kick, it was not that strong, but I got it in the ribs area. It was OK for the first couple of days, but after three or four days I started to feel really hard pain when I was breathing. It made me confused because I don't know if this pain there because of the Pneumonia that I am recovered from or is it because of that kick. I am planning to see my doctor about this problem but I wanted to hear does anyone of you have similar experience?

Celebrity

Hey, there is a huge possibility that you have a contusion of your rib or your ribs and that this is a reason why you feel this pain. Did you have this pain before, before somebody kicked you into ribs? This can tell a lot. This pain under the ribs when you are breathing can happen as a side - effect of the Pneumonia, doesn't matter are you totally recovered and when you are recovered from it. But you should definitely visit your doctor, because one simple test can determine if the reason Pneumonia or the pain reason is that kick in your ribs.