Hi, I am a 43 years mail, and I suffer from irritating bowel syndrome (IBS) with constipation for a long time. I still haven’t managed to cure it. I tried many medications and diets, but nothing helped me. Did anybody hear manage to cure IBS, and how?

Hi, I suffered from IBS-constipation for several years, until I tried zelnorm. It really helped me, more than any other drug I used. However, many people are against this drug for some reason, and it can have many side effects. I know some people who have IBS-c, and they all use more or less the same things. Some of them use laxatives such as Milk of Magnesia or ExLax. However, if you have a sensitive colon, don’t use them, because they can easily lead to dependency. More often, people use for IBS-c a non-prescription soluble fiber supplement with lot of exercise and water. In most cases this can’t cure the condition, but at least it relives the symptoms.

I'm in mid 40's & have suffered from IBS since early 20's. Had periods where it was mild & periods when it was uncontrollable. Som much pain & bloating and then constipation. 2 months ago, I started taking 1 tsp freshly ground flax seed powder each morning - on toast, in cereal - you become creative. In the first 2 wks, emitted a lot of gas but that ended. NO IBS attack in 2 months until yesterday when I was stressed out & at fast food fries which I never do. Triggered a mild attack, which would have previously caused pain for many hrs. However I won't be eating the fries anytime soon.
Fried foods were always on my banned list.

I have been able to gradually re-introduce some NO way foods such as cabbage and apples and I've been OK. I would recommend trying flax seed powder - not the oil but grind the seeds into a powder and keep airtight in the fridge.