I 've been diagnosed with PCOS. I have been trying to get pregnant for the past 4 years but obviously no luck. I don't have regular periods (or any periods) I saw in the internet at a pill called Ovulex. I wonder if it works even if you have PCOS. Since I don't bleed I also wonder if this will make my periods nomal. And my last question is how long will it take for me to get pregnant if I start taking Ovulex as stated. Please someone answer..Im desperate! :'(

hi, i have pcos too,i got pregnant whithin 1 year of ttc,(naturaly),but now my baby is 2 years old,n i haven't used any contraception for 22 months,n i didn't get pg....i bought ovulex, n this is my third day on it...didn't notice any thing yet.;it's too early anyway. ,i think that it could help at least in regulating the cycle..and helping somehow in the ovulation....so y not, give it it a try...i think it will do some thing,just relax n try not to think about it...if you have any questions cantact me ****

**edited by moderator ** e-mails not allowed **

I have PCOS, have had it for a few years. I had the classic symptoms: worked out alot and restricted my calories but didn't lose the weight, apple shaped body with most of my weight in the mid section, periods only 4-6 times a year, extra facial hair. I finally decided there may be something wrong with me when after working out ALOT for 6 months I lost at most 1 pound. I went to see a endrocrinologist who after some blood work determined I had PCOS. From my experience, it is not anything to be scared of. A lot of the readings I have done on it point out the fact that often, PCOS is a mis-nomer and that you may acutally not have cysts on your ovaries but are most likely Insulin Resistant. Having IR makes it really hard to lose weight. However, the doc put me on Metformin, which I took consistently for 1.5 years. Also, PCOS never really goes away but you can control it by changing your lifestyle in terms of food choices. The South Beach Diet is great to help spur the weight loss (with the help of Metformin) and teaches you healthy ways to eat to maintain the weight loss. Finally, I got pregnant last year (very unexpectantly) and have found that living an active life, eating healthy, and exercising help the condition become manageable. Hope all this helps! Oh yea, I'm 27 and about the facial hair, I went the laser hair removal route and loved the results!