I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 18 years old. My gyn told me that my chances of conception were very slim. Why is that? Since them I am BC pills and I get the period, but I would like to have a baby soon.

Well, he told you that because Irregular periods indicate irregular or absent ovulation. Ovulation may occur erratically and can be conducive to pregnancy, but this is not necessarily something that will happen too often. Therefore, it would be advisable to see an OB/GYN or a fertility specialist if you plan conception soon.

i was diagnosed with PCOS when i was 15 and my gyno also told me that my chances of having a baby were slim unless i seen a fertility specialist and with that i asked him if he could refer me to one and he told me yes but before he could that i needed to be married because a fertility speacialist did not like to treat someone for infertility unless they were married ... well i told him that i was engaged and had been for three years i am now 21 still with the same guy still not married not planning on getting married for a much longer time because of alot of problems we would have getting married but he will still not refer me because i am not married.....

If you are on birth control pills they may be regulating your cycle. But, if you stop taking them you are likely to set the effects of PCOS. I took BC pills for 5 yrs no problem until I stopped. My cycles were very irratic and heavy. Still TTC after 5 years with no succesful. See a RE specialist to stop some of the heartache.

You don't have to be married to go to a fertility clinic. My b/f and I aren't married (heck, we don't even LIVE together) and we're going to a fc because we can't conceive. We're going to move in together at one addy or the other permanently once we're a couple of months preggo, but we're NOT going to get married.

It is possible to get pregnant with pcos. I was diagnosed at 18 and it took us 2 years to conceive when we began. I didn't have to take drugs or anything. I wouldn't call your chances slim I would look at it as a chance to get alot of practice trying! My husband and I took about twice as long as our friends but practice makes perfect! We now have the most beautiful little girl. I would ask your doctor about putting you on metformin though. It isn't a fertility drug but it will help with the symptoms of pcos, help you lose weight, and increase your odds of ovulating. It regulates your blood sugar not your hormones.